I left off on my travel log in Park City, Utah over a month ago. Since then, I've been snowboarding, working and Airstreaming in Jackson, Wyoming, Missoula and Whitefish, Montana and – probably the most stressful leg – a long drive back to Denver for Outdoor Retailer.
- Rico's Basecamp got its first gig taking lifestyle and landscape photos for Fireside Resorts, the fancy RV park and cabin rental spot just down the road from Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
- We dry camped for a week in Grand Teton National Park. The park keeps a parking lot plowed for insane people who like winter camping and only charges $5/night. We had the place to ourselves and enjoyed snowman building, lake gazing and snowshoeing.
- I rode Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for the first time in my life. Just when I thought I was a pretty rad snowboarder, I rode one of their double blues on an icy day and my ego took a bit of a beating. That place is STEEP and definitely only for serious skiers and riders. Once I got to understand the terrain (and saw some fresh snow), I loved the technicalness of the runs and lack of aloof intermediate skiers.
- We spent a long weekend camping and riding at Lost Trail on the Montana/Idaho border. This is one of my new favorite places to ski. It's straight out of the 90's (but in a good way). Chill locals, no-frills lifts and lodge, awesome snow, crazy weather and cheap lift tickets...just how skiing is supposed to be!
- I'm seriously considering Missoula for my next place to live, so I spent a week there visiting some of our favorite spots:
- Noteworthy - an excellent stationary shop with a plethora of in-house-made letterpress cards. Great artist inspiration.
- Bernise's Bakery - lavender cupcakes. I won't say anything else.
- Kettlehouse - Isaac loves the beer and I love the cheap peanuts.
- We celebrated Isaac's birthday at Lookout Mountain (on the other Montana/Idaho border), he got a free lift pass for going on his birthday!
Somewhere in here, we drove 1800 miles to Denver and back for the Outdoor Retailer tradeshow where I met some super talented artists, inspirational women and saw loads of really cool new outdoor gear.
Tonight, in Whitefish, we're staying at The Firebrand Hotel. I haven't slept "inside" in over two months and I haven't taken a shower in five days. I love the comforts of our silver home, but man, am I excited to soak in a tub and stretch out a bit.